unaccustomed as I am to public speaking…
that is how you are supposed to start an acceptance speech isn’t it?
No idea what I am talking about…It is a Blackadder quote people!! look here then I’ll get to the point!
Ok…That wasn’t the point but it is now how I think every speech should start although I have yet to use it in public…
Ok…I promised the a point…the point is I have been (amazingly and surprisingly) nominated for a blog award! The Liebster award apparently 🙂
I have to say I am shocked and grateful for the nomination, and would like to thank Fi at Fi’s Mutterings for thinking of me 🙂
I keep saying it, but I am constantly amazed that people are reading this blog…amazed and grateful and pleased 🙂 you people are keeping me accountable which is awesome and now I have a shiny new award to display which is awesome too.
The rules of this award are as follows:
For my nominees – if you decide to accept, here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must nominate 10 of your favourite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
SO without further ado, I will answer Fi’s questions:
- What do you do to relax?
This one is harder than you might think…a lot of the things I do to relax are not traditional “relaxation activities”. I think there are many people who don’t find my relaxation very relaxing. I relax by doing things, like dancing or running or walking or lifting up heavy things. I also relax by doing creative things such as taking photographs or sewing or knitting or making things or drawing.
- Do you do exercise? If so, what is your favourite exercise?
Hehehe…may I refer you to the rest of my blog…
Ok…yes I exercise…a lot, every day…
Favourite…hard to say, I am going to go with dancing, but that is so much fun that it is hardly exercise so I would also add running (outside only), and boxing, and all the crazy stuff I get to do in my PT sessions…
- What is your dream holiday?
San Francisco and Yosemite
or Exploring the interior of Iceland
or visiting the mountains in Canada
or exploring Middle Earth (or New Zealand if you prefer)
or walking in the Highlands of Scotland or the Lake district…
- What is your favourite recipe? If you don’t cook, what would you like to be able to cook?
My recipe for baked New York Cheesecake. It is not healthy, it is not a meal as such, but it is the best cheesecake in the world.
- What is your favourite food or meal?
It is a tie between: Roast Beef with Yorkshire pudding etc and Lasagne made by my husband (not other lasagne, just that one) and steak, steak is pretty high on the list too…
- What are 3 tv programmes you don’t like to miss?
Dr Who, Sherlock, Game of Thrones
- Describe yourself in 3 words
Obsessive, Excitable, Pedantic
- What makes you laugh?
Those conversations you have with people about very little that are funny at the time, but absolutely unexplainable to anyone who wasn’t there!
- What was your least favourite subject at school?
- Where do you write your blog?
At work when I think no-one is looking, or at home on the sofa on my laptop, or occasionally on my iPad on the way somewhere.
As part of this, I have to nominate some blogs for this award too, a lot of the blogs I read are amazing, but already well established and have many more than 200 followers, so I may not get to 10, but here goes…
And here are my 10 questions to you…
1) What is your favourite time of year?
2) If you could only listen to one band / singer / or similar who would they be?
3) Who or what inspires you
4) How would you describe yourself, in 3 words or less?
5) What superpower would you choose?
6) How would you spend your ideal weekend?
7) Mountains or Beaches?
8) What is your main goal for 2014?
9) What is the best book you have ever read or movie you have seen?
10) If Dr Who asked you to travel in the TARDIS with him would you go?
That is all for now, have fun with this 😀
13 thoughts on “Extra: I got an award”
Yay Sam! So glad others have discovered how fantastic you and your blog are!
😀 thank you I am slightly amazed!
Your blog is wonderful and makes me chuckle, or laugh out loud which can be embarrassing when I’m at work and not supposed to be getting distracted by blog-reading.
I love your answers! I think you are like me – you can’t have just one favourite of anything!
I love your questions for your nominees too. I just have to answer number 10 – YES!
😀 there are too many good thing to have just one favourite 😀
I am glad my blog make you laugh 🙂 I didn’t want to write an exercise blog that was dull or preachy! A friend of mine says it is like talking to me but without having to answer… I think this was meant as a compliment 🙂
Definitely YES to number 10 😀 part of the running training is to be good enough to be a companion!!
If you can dance in a mask you can be a companion!
I’m not sure you could write a blog that was dull or preachy. Your personality shines through. Talking without having to answer… I like that. I’d take that as a compliment.
😀 thank you 😀
Very cool!! Congrats 🙂
Thank you 😀
Congrats on the award! It definitely makes a difference, being recognised for what you’re doing. Well done, very well deserved!!
Thank you 😀 x
I got nominated for the Sunshine Award so I’m passing it on to you. If I can get it then you deserve it too. Oh, and you can’t have too many awards 😀
😀 😀 thank you so much 🙂 you do deserve it, thank you for passing it to me 😀