Or week one of my 30 day yoga challenge…
The easy pose involves sitting cross legged and being upright and grounded and such. (I am still not aufait with the yoga terminology) as j discovered on day 1 this pose is not as easy as described and caused my ankles to hurt a lot!
On day 7 I discovered I can do this pose a little bit better, it is still not the most comfortable thing in the world, but my ankles didn’t feel so bad so that has got to be progress, right?
So, what have I learned from a whole week of yoga?
- Anyone who says yoga is not a real workout is wrong. It is hard and to achieve and hold some of the poses needs real strength as well as superhuman flexibility!
- People who are good at yoga make the impossible look effortless…but I appreciate that they didn’t get that way without a lot of work!
- I may not have improved physically yet, but I can definitely see how I will if I keep this up!
- I have discovered that if I feel restless physically or mentally, the act of doing the yoga, concentrating on breathing and attempting the movements helps me feel a lot calmer! (This was a surprise to me but I suspect won’t be to anyone who actually does yoga!)
- I am actually enjoying this challenge, it is hard but I am liking it!
You never know, I might become a yoga bear yet…