Or week one of my 30 day yoga challenge…
The easy pose involves sitting cross legged and being upright and grounded and such. (I am still not aufait with the yoga terminology) as j discovered on day 1 this pose is not as easy as described and caused my ankles to hurt a lot!
On day 7 I discovered I can do this pose a little bit better, it is still not the most comfortable thing in the world, but my ankles didn’t feel so bad so that has got to be progress, right?
My arms do not twist like that!
This one was very core focused, hard but I could at least do all the moves (thank you Pilates 🙂 )
Day 5 was watched intently my Mia cat 🙂
These things are much harder than the lovely Adriene makes them look! The twisty one was good though 🙂
There was a lot less graces hen I attempted that and a lot more nearly falling over!!
The socks were the real star of day 2!
So, what have I learned from a whole week of yoga?
- Anyone who says yoga is not a real workout is wrong. It is hard and to achieve and hold some of the poses needs real strength as well as superhuman flexibility!
- People who are good at yoga make the impossible look effortless…but I appreciate that they didn’t get that way without a lot of work!
- I may not have improved physically yet, but I can definitely see how I will if I keep this up!
- I have discovered that if I feel restless physically or mentally, the act of doing the yoga, concentrating on breathing and attempting the movements helps me feel a lot calmer! (This was a surprise to me but I suspect won’t be to anyone who actually does yoga!)
- I am actually enjoying this challenge, it is hard but I am liking it!
You never know, I might become a yoga bear yet…
2 thoughts on “The “easy pose” is misnamed”
You are definitely motivating me to do the 30 day yoga challenge. It is definitely something I can do while traveling /at a hotel. Shall I start on 1st March?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Or 1st or March if you like… 😀
It seems to be really worth doing, and the videos are no longer than 33mins so far and the shortest so far is 16mins so you should be able to fit it in 😀